noun (plural conversaziones or conversazioni /-ni/)
- A scholarly social gathering held for discussion of literature and the arts.More example sentences
- Their next meeting, at a conversazione, in April 1817, was much more the thing: within two days they had consummated their love in one of Byron's ‘casinos’.
- In this period, as connoisseurs and virtuosi honed their new skills, they dreamed of possessing galleries of rare and splendid collections to enhance their status and to enjoy the pleasures of conversazioni.
- Thus the title character's voice, Robert's silence at the conversazione, and the plot's narrative structure send powerful messages about the black future that virtually overrun the contesting call-and-response dynamic.
Italian, from Latin conversatio (see conversation).
More definitions of conversazioneDefinition of conversazione in:
- The US English dictionary