- 1Completely certain about something: she was not entirely convinced of the soundness of his motives [with clause]: I am convinced the war will be over in a matter of monthsMore example sentences
- Most of all, he remains touchingly convinced of his powers of persuasion.
- We are proud of our high journalistic standards and we would not publish any story unless entirely convinced of its accuracy.
- Having taken health supplements as a competitive swimmer, Wilkie became convinced of their efficacy.
- 1.1 [attributive] Firm in one’s belief with regard to a particular cause or issue: a convinced pacifistMore example sentences
- A convinced anticlerical, he regarded all saints and visionaries as hysterics.
- The they had supported the Prague Spring in a convinced, brotherly, and firm manner.