noun (plural convolvuluses)
A twining plant with trumpet-shaped flowers, of which some kinds are invasive weeds (see also bindweed), and others are cultivated for their bright flowers.
- Genus Convolvulus, family Convolvulaceae
More example sentences
- Some other plants had survived, a small convolvulus, golden lamium and creeping geranium were beginning to sprout so these were potted up but the lining fell to bits when the basket was emptied.
- One is a convolvulus called Goat's Foot Morning Glory, the other is Beach Bean, from the pea family and named for its huge woody seeds.
- In the Autumn, when the convolvulus has taken over suburban Australian gardens, strangling trees, insinuating itself into garden sheds, creeping across garden paths, the very name declares its despised status as a weed.
Definition of convolvulus in:
- The US English dictionary