Producing or consisting of convulsions: a convulsive disease she gave a convulsive sob
More example sentences
- And so complete was the bodily shut-down, with rapid eye movement and convulsive twitching, that a fierce pinch of the skin or a prick with a needle did nothing to wake her.
- Everything is fluid and in the throes of convulsive movement; yet, like the struts on the vase, stout pillars anchor and arrest the flow.
- A female patient complains of dramatic mood swings, paralysis on one side of her body, hallucinations, convulsive seizures, and religious delusions.
- Example sentences
- When Anne left, I'd wake up in the morning, and my eyes would just immediately fill up with tears, and I would start convulsively crying.
- My hands convulsively clenched, my teeth clamped together, my nostrils flared, my lips curled, and a red mist descended in front of my eyes.
- My scream flew up, bounced off my palate, and was swallowed convulsively, never quite managing to escape.
Words that rhyme with convulsivecompulsive, impulsive, propulsive, repulsive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.