1A device with sharp edges for cutting biscuit dough into a particular shape.
- Roll into a thin (0.5 centimeters / 1/4 inch) disc, and use a cookie cutter to take out shapes.
- Roll this out and cut out your shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Use a cookie cutter to get the shapes you like, place on a baking sheet.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting something mass-produced or lacking any distinguishing characteristics: a cookie-cutter apartment in a high-rise building
More example sentences
- This movie had a cookie-cutter plot and generic characters, which is largely why it failed to succeed.
- And in a sea of mass production and cookie-cutter sequels, handmade films are an assertion of the importance of the small, the unique and the individual.
- David's friends, family, and lovers are cookie-cutter characters with paper-thin personalities.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cookie cut¦ter
Definition of cookie cutter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.