Definition of cookie cutter in English:
1A device with sharp edges for cutting biscuit dough into a particular shape.
- Roll into a thin (0.5 centimeters / 1/4 inch) disc, and use a cookie cutter to take out shapes.
- Roll this out and cut out your shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Use a cookie cutter to get the shapes you like, place on a baking sheet.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting something mass-produced or lacking any distinguishing characteristics: a cookie-cutter apartment in a high-rise building
More example sentences
- This movie had a cookie-cutter plot and generic characters, which is largely why it failed to succeed.
- And in a sea of mass production and cookie-cutter sequels, handmade films are an assertion of the importance of the small, the unique and the individual.
- David's friends, family, and lovers are cookie-cutter characters with paper-thin personalities.
Definition of cookie cutter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan