A jar for biscuits or small cakes.
More example sentences
- There were always Oreos (my uncle's favorite) in the mouse-shaped cookie jar (which I now have).
- But, who's about to steal the cookies from your cookie jar?
- We didn't know what to get you, so we just got you a cookie jar.
with one's hand in the cookie jar
- Engaged in surreptitious theft from one’s employer: they got caught with their hands in the cookie jarMore example sentences
- Abuse would require a wider circle of cooperation, and so increase the likelihood that an overzealous agent would be caught with his hand in the cookie jar by a supervisor.
- When was the last time a politician shocked us for reasons other than being caught with his pants down or his hand in the public cookie jar?
Definition of cookie jar in:
- The US English dictionary