- A tall, open-topped, cylindrical concrete tower, used for cooling water or condensing steam from an industrial process.More example sentences
- These turbines are taller than the cooling towers at Drax Power Station and almost twice the height of York Minster.
- Experts are examining water systems, particularly those where warm, stagnant water is found such as hot water tanks, cooling towers, whirlpool spas and air conditioning and plumbing systems.
- In the shadow of four concrete cooling towers - almost 400 feet each - this squat earth-tone building sits shuttered.
More definitions of cooling towerDefinition of cooling tower in:
- The US English dictionary