- A dog of a black and tan American breed, used to hunt raccoons.More example sentences
- Cooking takes place mainly in the tiny kitchen of the marigold yellow cottage with periwinkle trim that Carrie shares with her two dogs, Moses the dachshund and Patty Lewis the redbone coonhound.
- After high school she tried college but got thrown out for raising coonhounds in her dorm room.
- This usually means being dragged around the national forest at the end of a leash attached to Willie, a retired 85 pound black and tan coonhound with three legs.
More definitions of coonhoundDefinition of coonhound in:
- The US English dictionary