- An aromatic plant oil or resin used in medicines and perfumes.
More example sentences
- These resins are obtained from plants of the genus Copaifera
- Most pharmacies sell copaiba oil, either in small bottles over the counter or in the form of capsules.
- The oil (which see) is the best form for obtaining the effects of copaiba upon the respiratory tract.
- If you are allergic to balsam of Tolu or any of the products, you should make sure to use pure copaiba oil.
early 17th century: via Portuguese from Tupi copaiba, Guarani cupaiba.