- The chemical element of atomic number 112, a highly unstable substance that is produced artificially. (Symbol: Cn)More example sentences
- The half-life of the new element Copernicium is not yet clear.
- Copernicium, discovered 13 years ago and previously known as element 112, was officially added to the table only a few weeks ago.
- Element 112 was first observed in 1996 but was given its new name copernicium only this past February.
early 21st century: from the name of Nicolaus Copernicus + -ium.
More definitions of coperniciumDefinition of copernicium in:
- The US English dictionary