- 1A flat stone forming part of a coping.More example sentences
- At least one criminal gang is targeting properties in Oldham and stealing items like roof slates, coping stones, flagstones and walls.
- A leak may actually be caused by masonry cracks, loose coping stones, window sealants or other wall- and glazing-related problems, so there may be no need to reroof.
- It seems he didn't know what happened on the line to Cheltenham where it was at once found that the cylinders were too wide and cut away the coping stones of the platforms on the whole of this section.
- 1.1The highest stone in a building, wall, or structure.More example sentences
- In 1870 (or 1871 depending on the source material), lightning struck the spire, dislodging a coping stone.
- Inspection covers for the arches have been removed on occasions and coping stones weighing half a ton or more have been pushed off.
- But in the absence of a CDS, this structure is like an arch without a coping stone.
- 1.2A finishing touch or crowning achievement: the coping stone in Rattle’s Birmingham plans was the completion in 1991 of the Symphony HallMore example sentences
- The universe is finished the copestone is on, and the chips were carted off a million years ago.
- Far from the first attack, it was the copestone of eight years marked, roughly annually, by attempted or successful terrorist operations.
More definitions of coping stoneDefinition of coping stone in:
- The US English dictionary