Definition of coppersmith in English:
1A person who makes things out of copper.
- The cloth-bound compilation shows turners, coppersmiths, tinsmiths, gun fitters, engine fitters and radio mechanics hard at work, including a large number of women training as fitters, turners and welders.
- For economic and technical reasons, the alloys used by coppersmiths, brassfounders, braziers, blacksmiths and pewterers have varied over time, and a knowledge of the alloys can provide definitive answers.
- Even in his monumental riveted copper sculptures, one finds the subtle influence of the coppersmith / icon maker inadvertently creeping into his technique.
2 (also coppersmith barbet) The crimson-breasted barbet of SE Asia, which has a red breast band, a streaked belly, and a repetitive metallic call.
- Megalaima hemacephala, family Capitonidae
- Even if you live more to the western side of the city, just look out your window at an avenue tree, and you might spot a coppersmith barbet, or a night heron, apart from other species.
- Large trees attract the familiar ‘kuil’ and coppersmith barbet, apart from wagtails.
- Look at the coppersmith, or the crimson breasted barbet.
Definition of coppersmith in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan