- Dried coconut kernels, from which oil is obtained.More example sentences
- Since the 19th century, Mafia islanders have depended upon copra, or dried coconut, as their primary export to world markets.
- She was raised in a large two-story house that had a grocery store and a scale for weighing rice and copra and was shared with relatives.
- The organisation, formed by the State Government in 1987, is engaged in procuring coconuts and copra and processing them.
late 16th century: via Portuguese and Spanish from Malayalam koppara 'coconut'.
More definitions of copraDefinition of copra in:
- The US English dictionary