- A piece of fossilized dung.More example sentences
- New experimental evidence on the faeces of modern fish show that faeces must be buried in less than 24 hours if they are to be preserved as coprolites in the fossil record.
- Researchers extracted DNA from this 30,000-year-old ground sloth coprolite - fossilized dung - in a Nevada desert cave last year.
- But the researchers who study coprolites, as fossil feces are known, say these dietary waste products can tell us much about dinosaurs and other ancient animals.
More definitions of coproliteDefinition of coprolite in:
- The US English dictionary