Definition of copyholder in English:
1British historical A person who held land in copyhold.
- Tenants of farms and copyholders were evicted by business-minded landlords.
- By the later 19th century historians writing of England from a European perspective often saw peasants as small freeholders, copyholders, and even farmers.
- By the 13th century the pattern was beginning to unravel as more and more villeins obtained their freedom and became copyholders.
2A clasp or stand for holding sheets of text while it is keyed or typed.
- Also features an in-line copyholder so you can position documents for easy, comfortable viewing.
- Save space on your desk by securely suspending this copyholder from your partition or the edge of your desk.
- The new sturdy plastic, multi-use computer copyholder is also a portable clipboard.
Words that rhyme with copyholderleaseholder
Definition of copyholder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan