Definition of copyread in English:
Read and edit (text) for a newspaper, magazine, or book: (as noun copyreading) readers have grown used to accuracy, stringent copyreading, and diligent research
More example sentences
- Further, someone still has to copyread these agreements - and that someone is still going to be you.
- This type of work can range from copyreading a text for flow and proper grammar to substantive editing.
- That the yearbook staff failed to copyread the whole thing before sending it to the printer is inexcusable.
- Example sentences
- The printer was French and it may be that the printing techniques were less than ideal even for the time. No copyreader or editor was involved.
- He moved to the editorial page in 1995 as copyreader and later became a copy editor.
- Ernie was a hard-drinking copyreader, and Jerry could stand a drink pretty well herself.
Words that rhyme with copyreadfiligreed • crossbreed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan