1A flirtatious woman: her transformation from an ice maiden warrior into a winsome coquette
More example sentences
- The poor man, caught senseless by the little coquette, dropped his mallet and his cheeks began to redden with embarrassment.
- And she's one of the biggest coquettes in town.
- On the contrary, our current courting practices - if they can be called that - yield an increasing number of those aging coquettes, as well as scores of unsettled bachelors.
2A crested Central and South American hummingbird, typically with green plumage, a reddish crest, and elongated cheek feathers.
- Lophornis and two other genera, family Trochilidae: several species
- Possible candidates for most beautiful bird of the morning were a group of Bay-headed Tanagers. But my favorite came just after lunch - my target bird for the trip: A Rufous-crested Coquette.
- Southeast Brazil has a wealth of special birds, few more impressive than the tiny Festive Coquette.
Mid 17th century: French, feminine of coquet 'wanton', diminutive of coq 'male bird, cock'.
Words that rhyme with coquetteabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brochette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
Definition of coquette in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.