(also coral spot disease)
- A common fungal disease of trees and shrubs, appearing as numerous minute pink or dark red cushion-like bodies on the twigs and branches and causing dieback.
More example sentences
- Nectria cinnabarina, family Hypocreaceae, subdivision Ascomycotina
- Seed collection from this tree is a struggle as the fungal disease black coral spot destroys many of the seeds.
- The cause is coral spot disease which affects many species of woody plants, although it is rare on conifers.
- This is coral spot, a fungus which mainly attacks dead parts of woody plants, but may spread to live wood if not pruned out.
More definitions of coral spotDefinition of coral spot in:
- The US English dictionary