A tropical or subtropical thorny shrub or tree with showy red or orange flowers.
- Genus Erythrina, family Leguminosae
More example sentences
- You'll be here at the start of spring and you'll see several trees in bloom - the striking orange blossoms of the coral tree, and white blooms of the wild pear tree.
- Companion plants that look good with the dwarf coral tree include Helichrysum cymosum, buchu, crocosmia and the blombos.
- It is fireman's cap or coral tree, Erythrina crista-galli, a small tree/large shrub that matures to approximately 20 feet in height.
Definition of coral tree in:
- The US English dictionary