- 1The cup-like calcareous skeleton of a single coral polyp.More example sentences
- If I were to look at photographs of the deep structure of this piece, I'd see down into the level of the skeleton of each coral polyp, the corallite.
- The fine skeletal structures of the corallites are typically obliterated; skeletons are composed of fine to coarse, neomorphic calcite.
- Daughter corallites possess relatively large diameters from the beginning, along with a robust colonial pattern.
early 19th century: from Latin corallum 'coral' + -ite1.
More definitions of coralliteDefinition of corallite in:
- The US English dictionary