Definition of cordless in English:
(Of an electrical appliance or telephone) working without connection to a mains supply or central unit.
- It's not the prettiest phone in the world but my main desire was a cordless phone with an answerphone and speed-dial and this was the cheapest one of those.
- As with any cordless phone, you can use the handset to make and receive calls over your regular home line.
- The system according to the invention can be used in cordless telephones.
nounBack to top
A cordless telephone.
- I didn't need to run out of my room to get the cordless because I knew my mom would answer it.
- As I listened carefully to the message I scanned the room for the cordless.
- I get the cordless from the living room and dial the number I found.
Definition of cordless in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.