- A kind of soft leather made originally from goatskin and now from horse hide.More example sentences
- Horsehide is made into fine cordovan leather, and glue is often made by boiling horse bones and cartilage.
- The investigator took careful note of my office décor, plants and curtains evidently witnessing more in my favor than cordovan leather and sports memorabilia would have.
- Renowned holster maker Mitch Rosen offers two pocket holsters for the Guardian: genuine shell cordovan in tan with full spine stingray trim, and a high quality cowhide holster with the rough side out.
late 16th century: from Spanish cordován, former spelling of cordobán 'of Cordoba', where it was originally made.
More definitions of cordovanDefinition of cordovan in:
- The US English dictionary