- A road made of tree trunks laid across a swamp.More example sentences
- Our carriage jolted over the half-rotted corduroy road which traversed the swamp, and then climbed the long hill leading to the sawmill.
- Two men, one carthorse, a towrope and a sledge piled high with manuka scrub to strew in the mud in front of us and make a temporary corduroy road, awaited us at Pohokura's slough of despond.
- An alternative type, widely used in wooded swampy areas, is the corduroy road, made by felling trees to clear a path, splitting the trunks, and laying them transversely to form a corrugated roadway.
More definitions of corduroy roadDefinition of corduroy road in:
- The US English dictionary