noun (plural coreopses)
- A plant of the daisy family, which is cultivated for its rayed, typically yellow, flowers. Also called tickseed.
More example sentences
- Genus Coreopsis, family Compositae
- Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.
- If perennials like agapanthus, candytuft, coreopsis, daylilies, and penstemon are overgrown or not flowering well, it's time to dig and divide them.
- Common examples of perennial flowers are purple coneflower, lance-leaf coreopsis, dame's rocket and daisy.
modern Latin, from Greek koris 'bug' + opsis 'appearance' (because of the shape of the seed).
More definitions of coreopsisDefinition of coreopsis in:
- The US English dictionary