(also Welsh corgi)
noun (plural corgis)
- A dog of a short-legged breed with a foxlike head.More example sentences
- The dogs included shih-tzus, dachshunds, lhasa apsos, bearded collies, corgis, chihuahuas, poodles, Pekinese and Yorkshire terriers.
- We don't want our nation overrun by a host of poodles, corgis or pit bull terriers.
- Baby Puppy in Show went to a corgi (an older corgi took Best in Show as well) but Millie stepped out very nicely.
1920s: from Welsh, from cor 'dwarf' + ci 'dog'.
More definitions of corgiDefinition of corgi in:
- The US English dictionary