- Resembling or having the texture of leather: coriaceous leavesMore example sentences
- These species are easily recognizable small plants having coriaceous leaves and short inflorescences bearing shiny vinaceous to yellowish rewardless flowers with Type 1 pollinarium (bearing tegular stipes).
- Leaves were exstipulate, coriaceous, and hypostomatous, and typically had wavy, glandular margins.
- In addition, the structure of the foliage favors the use of nutrients by a long active life, the retransport of certain nutrients before leaf shedding, and a high polyphenol content and coriaceous nature which reduce herbivory.
late 17th century: from late Latin coriaceus (from Latin corium 'leather') + -ous.
More definitions of coriaceousDefinition of coriaceous in:
- The US English dictionary