- A small corm growing at the side of a mature corm.More example sentences
- As the plant grew, the end of the old corm died progressively from the bottom, and new secondary corms or cormels grew from one or more lateral buds.
- Species grown mainly for their tubers are: Xanthosoma sagittifolium (yellow yautia), whose small cormels around the central corm are called ‘nut eddos’ in the W. Indies; and X. violaceum (primrose malanga).
- If the tiny cormels are desired for future propagation, dig carefully and sort by varieties immediately.
More definitions of cormelDefinition of cormel in:
- The US English dictionary