- A large thickset Eurasian bunting with brown streaked plumage and a jangling song, inhabiting open grassland and arable land.
More example sentences
- Emberiza (or Miliaria) calandra, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizinae)
- And he found a number of bird species, such as the corn bunting, tree sparrow, grey partridge, skylark, linnet and yellow wagtail, which have been seriously declining since the growth of intensive agriculture.
- Dr Gibbons explained that the birds likely to be affected by GM rape and beet were seed eaters such as skylarks, the corn bunting and the yellowhammer.
- Conservation agency English Nature is working with farmers in the Lower Derwent Valley, where the grasslands and meadows are home to rare birds, such as the corn bunting and grey partridge.