- An American moth caterpillar which is a pest of both maize and cotton. Also called bollworm, cotton bollworm.
More example sentences
- Heliothis zea, family Noctuidae
- They are economical to raise, however, and mass releases can be very effective against corn earworm, cabbageworms, loopers, hornworms, codling moth and other leaf-eating caterpillars.
- The life cycle of the fall armyworm is similar to those of the corn earworm and armyworm.
- Among the Mexican free-tailed's favorite meals is the corn earworm, a crop-raiding pest that savages cornfields from Texas to Canada.
More definitions of corn earwormDefinition of corn earworm in:
- The US English dictionary