A daisy-like yellow-flowered Eurasian plant which was formerly a common weed of cornfields.
- Chrysanthemum segetum, family Compositae
More example sentences
- An arable area at the Kew Royal Botanic Gardens - part of the Go Wild festival - includes a crop with key colourful plants like common poppy, corn marigold and corncockle, plus some clover and a ‘game strip’ down one side.
- There are also eight annuals including corn poppy, corn marigold and cornflower and three biannuals including the most dramatic of all wildflowers, the foxglove.
- As well as holding a huge range of grassland wild flowers, such as ox-eye daisies, poppies, campion and corn marigold, the nursery grows plants from wetland, upland and woodland habitats.
Definition of corn marigold in:
- The US English dictionary