Unleavened maize bread.
- We stop off for a drink of water and a bite of corn pone in the kitchen of Hannah Ingram.
- She'd feed Gypsy cold corn pones and they'd run a mile or so to the creek to play.
- And, like Twain, people fond of corn pone remember it with specificity.
Rustic; unsophisticated: country music and corn-pone humor
More example sentences
- He must restrict himself to corn-pone opinions - at least on the surface.
- Broadly speaking, there are none but corn-pone opinions.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: corn pone
Definition of corn pone in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.