noun (plural same or cornetfishes)
- A large marine fish with a long, narrow flute-like snout, an elongated body, and a whip-like extension to the tail. It is common in shallow tropical waters of the Atlantic and Indo-Pacific region.
More example sentences
- Family Fistularidae and genus Fistularia: several species
- Species that feed at dusk are termed crepuscular and include jacks snappers, tarpon, cornetfishes and groupers.
- Around the two Piton sites we shared the ocean with parrotfish, trumpetfish, smooth trunkfish, cornetfish, tiger grouper, a trio of barracuda, rock beauties, Spanish hogfish and many more exotic species.
- The reef earns its good reputation with large gorgonian fan corals up to 3m across and cornetfish, groupers and glassfish in abundance.
More definitions of cornetfishDefinition of cornetfish in:
- The US English dictionary