noun[mass noun] British
- Finely ground maize flour, used for thickening sauces.More example sentences
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks, another 40g of castor sugar, cornflour, plain flour and the remaining milk together in a bowl until smooth.
- A rations-era store cupboard would have contained the likes of flour, cornflour, baking powder, Oxo and salt.
- Marinate chicken in soya sauce and cornflour and leave for ten mins.
More definitions of cornflourDefinition of cornflour in:
- The US English dictionary