- A road cut into the edge of a cliff, especially one running along a coast.More example sentences
- I don't think I could even tell you where the famous casino was, although I did park our rental car downtown (having driven along the various corniches above the city).
- As we drove along the corniche towards the Sonesta St George hotel, my heart lurched in time with each jolt as cars and battered open vans serving as local buses jostled horse-drawn carriages, donkeys and suicidal pedestrians off the road.
- As dusk descends, I drive along the high corniche that runs from the airport in the direction of the island's bustling capital.
mid 19th century: from French (see cornice).
More definitions of cornicheDefinition of corniche in:
- The US English dictionary