- (Especially among black people) a style of braiding and plaiting the hair in narrow strips to form geometric patterns on the scalp: the company refused to let her wear cornrowsMore example sentences
- Barbara Dement of the Shear Madness Salon in Washington, D.C., created these get-up-and-go cornrows by twisting the hair instead of braiding it.
- Avoid styles that cause too much tension with prolonged wear, like tight ponytails and cornrows.
- Patrice had her hair braided into cornrows by a couple of girls.
More definitions of cornrowsDefinition of cornrows in:
- The US English dictionary