- An instrument that blocks out light emitted by the sun’s actual surface so that the corona can be observed.More example sentences
- In other words, a coronagraph produces an artificial solar eclipse.
- Their coronagraph - which created a false eclipse by blocking the visible disk of the Sun from the field of view - allowed them to spy on the solar atmosphere.
- In addition to its suite of cameras, Skylab was stocked with tons of scientific equipment, including coronagraphs, spectrometers, and ultraviolet and X-ray telescopes.
More definitions of coronagraphDefinition of coronagraph in:
- The US English dictionary