- An imaginary plane dividing the body into dorsal and ventral parts.More example sentences
- For axial cuts, the tracheal diameter was measured in the sagittal and coronal planes at the cricoid, at 8, 16, 24, and 32 mm below the cricoid, and at the sternal notch.
- Since their initial report, numerous authors have validated the use of this angle for quantifying lateral and medial patellar translation in the coronal plane (patellar subluxation).
- After referral to the maxillofacial team, computed tomograms were taken in the coronal plane.
More definitions of coronal planeDefinition of coronal plane in:
- The US English dictionary