- The principle that states that for very large quantum numbers the laws of quantum theory merge with those of classical physics.More example sentences
- He uses an old argument of Neils Bohr called the correspondence principle, which tells us how to tie together classical and quantum descriptions of the same system.
- However, these arise in somewhat exceptional circumstances and the general drift of the correspondence principle was in the right direction.
- His explanation covered the absorption and excitation of spectral lines and the correspondence principle which he had set out in three papers.
More definitions of correspondence principleDefinition of correspondence principle in:
- The US English dictionary