- The theory that states that the definition or criterion of truth is that true propositions correspond to the facts.More example sentences
- For foundationalists - or for advocates of the correspondence theory of truth generally - a belief or proposition is either true or it isn't.
- It is more likely that the move invokes a certain form of the correspondence theory of truth: if what someone says at a certain time is true, then the state of the world at that time must be such as to make it true.
- How should one go about deciding between the correspondence theory and the prosentential theory?
More definitions of correspondence theoryDefinition of correspondence theory in:
- The US English dictionary