- I love letters, too; I think I would write more letters, if I had a regular correspondent.
- Most correspondents conclude their letters with a forename or initials.
- I suggested that my correspondent should think about writing to me with something a little more sensible.
- I remember having lunch with a foreign correspondent for a major newspaper in the early 1990s.
- In Germany in 1932, Reuters had one chief correspondent, and one full-time assistant.
- She has been a TV news correspondent, a foreign documentaries presenter and writer, and a newspaper columnist.
Late Middle English (as an adjective): from Old French correspondant or medieval Latin correspondent- 'corresponding', from the verb correspondere (see correspond).
Words that rhyme with correspondentco-respondent, despondent, fondant, respondent
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cor¦res|pond|ent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.