Definition of corresponding in English:
Analogous or equivalent in character, form, or function; comparable: the corresponding Jamaican word is ‘bada’
More example sentences
- Without a person developing the corresponding moral character necessary for self-restraint, his liberty is bound to result in the harm of others.
- When writing a job description, consider the following examples of job features and corresponding functions.
- Based on statistical data, the scheduler decides whether the application will be hardware accelerated or whether a corresponding software function is used.
- Example sentences
- Increasingly, the rich have become richer, and at the same time, they seem to have gained correspondingly more control over the federal government.
- To begin with, it is defeatist to accept as given that one has limited political resources and therefore must have correspondingly limited aims.
- The sooner the water is removed and the property properly dried out, the less property damage there will be and any related claim will also be correspondingly minimized.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan