- A bullfight.More example sentences
- Or if you were lucky enough to come from a rich bullfighting family, the corridas were waiting for you.
- At the beginning of the bullfight, or corrida, the torero sizes up the bull while performing certain ritualized motions with his cape.
- During the reign of King Philip II, Pope Pius V, appalled at the unconscionable carnage of the bullfights, forbade the practice of the corridas.
late 19th century: from Spanish corrida de toros 'running of bulls'.
More definitions of corridaDefinition of corrida in:
- The US English dictionary