Tending to cause corrosion: the corrosive effects of salt water
More example sentences
- Casein reportedly counters the effect of corrosive plaque acid from sugary foods and puts a protective film on teeth.
- The stomach lining is tough and handles acid well, but the acid has a corrosive effect on the lining of the esophagus, which is delicate and thin.
- Increasingly, this tidal wave seems to have had a more subtle and corrosive effect on coverage.
A corrosive substance.
- That is an enormous range of substances and, as has already been pointed out, it includes explosives, corrosives, oxidising agents, reducing agents, caustic agents, and acidic agents - the works.
- We show them the many things that can be recycled here, ranging from car batteries and waste medicine to household corrosives as well as plastic, cardboard and paint.
- That would include corrosives used mainly for metalworking and some agricultural applications and flammables.
- Example sentences
- A director famed for creating self-consciously radical, wildly unconventional, corrosively satirical, and savagely violent works could do worse then take on board an actor who personifies those traits in his everyday life.
- Bloom's fame arose from the way he corrosively attacked universities for failing to open students' minds by exposing them to the philosophic quest for understanding that enriches the human spirit.
- Indecision corrosively blights a community and our residents deserve better.
- Example sentences
- A nuisance associated with hydrogen sulfide includes its corrosiveness to metals such as iron, steel, copper and brass.
- He slouches with disappointment and straightens with hope, matching Terri's corrosiveness with his own brand of compassion and burrowing into the female enclave of Terri's home with both tenderness and tenacity.
- Disadvantages include storage, corrosiveness, and fuel waste due to ‘crossover’ in the fuel-cell membrane.
Words that rhyme with corrosiveexplosive, implosive, plosive
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cor|ro¦sive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.