- 1 • historical A piece of armour covering the trunk.More example sentences
- Placed on the bench above each retainer, his crested helmet, his linked corselet and sturdy spear shaft were plainly to be seen…
- Other commanders wore bright cloaks or gold-inlaid corselets to insure their recognition on the battlefield.
- His upper body was encased in a corselet, and a belt about his waist held a sheathed shortsword.
- 2 variant spelling of corselette.
late 15th century: from Old French corslet, diminutive of cors 'body'.
More definitions of corseletDefinition of corselet in:
- The US English dictionary