(also corticifugal /ˌkɔːtɪˈsɪfjuːg(ə)l/)
- (Of a nerve fibre) originating in and running from the cerebral cortex.More example sentences
- In addition to these corticofugal fibers, the ventral pons contains the transversely oriented pontocerebellar fibers.
- The most striking feature of this preparation is the convergence of great masses of corticofugal fibers from extensive areas of cerebral cortex.
- Components of the corona radiata and internal capsule are displayed, showing the convergence of corticofugal fibers as they descend to brainstem levels.
late 19th century: from cortico- 'cortex' + Latin fugere 'run from'.
More definitions of corticofugalDefinition of corticofugal in:
- The US English dictionary