- Any of a group of steroid hormones produced in the adrenal cortex or made synthetically. There are two kinds: glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids. They have various metabolic functions and some are used to treat inflammation.More example sentences
- You may need to use a topical corticosteroid to treat inflamed areas.
- When a woman goes into preterm labor, she usually is given a type of steroid drug called a corticosteroid.
- Researchers don't fully understand how corticosteroids suppress inflammation.
More definitions of corticosteroidDefinition of corticosteroid in:
- The US English dictionary