- A bird of the crow family (Corvidae); a crow.More example sentences
- The crow intervened not to protect its fellow corvid but solely because a crow cannot resist the temptation to bully a small raptor.
- I responded to Dave that mobbing behavior, when smaller birds team up to harry a larger one, is common in many bird species, from corvids to raptors to songbirds.
- Postmortem specimens were collected from 40 corvids (9 American crows and 31 blue jays) that had died from no obvious cause.
mid 20th century: from modern Latin Corvidae (plural), from Latin corvus 'raven'.
More definitions of corvidDefinition of corvid in:
- The US English dictionary