- A variety of wine grape native to the Veneto region of NE Italy, used to make Valpolicella and Bardolino.More example sentences
- It is made from a blend of late harvested and dried refosco, carmenere and corvina, making it sort of a super-Venetian as they call it on the back label.
- In Valpolicella they use grapes not likely to be on the Who's Who of Grapes: rondinella, molinara, and the leader of the pack, corvina.
Italian (feminine adjective), literally 'raven-black'.
- A marine food and game fish of the drum family, found on the Pacific coasts of California and Mexico and sometimes living in fresh water.
More example sentences
- Genus Cynoscion, family Sciaenidae: two species
- Species to expect include various species of tuna, the odd billfish and in some areas, large inshore corvinas and white sea-bass.
- It got its start as a fishing camp based around the totoaba, a large corvina fish that spawns in the upper gulf's shallow, sediment-laden waters, and around shrimp.
- The shortfin corvina was introduced into the Salton Sea in southern California.
late 18th century: from Spanish and Portuguese.