A herbaceous plant with spurred tubular flowers, found in north temperate regions.
- Genus Corydalis, family Fumariaceae: many species, including yellow corydalis (C. lutea), a garden escape which has become naturalized in Britain
More example sentences
- Low-growirg ajuga grows between the corydalis and heucheras.
- I now grow the corydalis in a large pot.
- If tight muscles disturb sleep, turn to the pain-relieving muscle relaxants: valerian, kava, corydalis and, at times, passion flower.
modern Latin, from Greek korudallis 'crested lark', alluding to a similarity between the flower and the bird's spur.
More definitions of corydalisDefinition of corydalis in:
- The US English dictionary