noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Catarrhal inflammation of the mucous membrane in the nose, caused especially by a cold or by hay fever: a patient suffering from acute coryzaMore example sentences
- A viral etiology is strongly suggested by the absence of fever or the presence of conjunctivitis, coryza, cough, or diarrhea.
- His job responsibilities required that he wear latex gloves, and he eventually developed coryza (ie, acute rhinitis), skin exfoliation, and skin fissures.
- A 57-year-old male chemical manufacturing worker was examined at our hospital because of recurrent attacks of coryza, rhinorrhea, urticaria, and wheezing over the preceding 2 years.
early 16th century: from Latin, from Greek koruza 'nasal mucus'.
More definitions of coryzaDefinition of coryza in:
- The US English dictionary